Friday, October 4, 2013

In class this week we talked a lot about roles in the family and relationships between family members.  We were asked what our role in our own family is and I know I am definitely the peacekeeper in my family!  I have five brothers and one sister so there tend to be lots of fights and things that I get the luxury of breaking up, but I am also a rock to my siblings and I'm starting to realize to my parents as well.  When times get hard and we are going through rough patches I am the one my family looks to for strength.  Now don't get me wrong, I struggle just as much as everyone else does through these trials, but I am starting to see that trials are only a small moment.  Even if it is something that lasts for years, we have to pick ourselves up each day and keep smiling because if we don't, we lose ourselves in despair and we start to pull away from not only our family members, but our Heavenly Father as well.  I've been there, and it's a dark hole that is hard to get out of, but remember you have been blessed with agency and you can choose who you want to be in this life and where you want to end up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment