Saturday, October 19, 2013

Something I was thinking about during class was how my parents distributed things like chores and I honestly think they did a good job.  I have 5 brothers and 1 sister and I didn't ever feel like I did more or less work than my brothers.  We still to this day have a chore chart and when I live at home I am put back into the rotation for chores.  Along with household work I also helped with the outside work.  I wasn't exempt from pulling weeds or getting rid of rocks or even doing the mowing or weed whacking just because I was a girl.  That is one thing I definitely want to implement into my own family.  Gender roles is such a sensitive topic in our world today and I really think it is becoming one of Satan's tools to destroy the family.  If he can confuse us to the point that women believe so much that we should be equal with men in every aspect that family becomes less important and a job becomes more important then he has succeeded in destroying the family.  No I don't think that women shouldn't gain an education or hold a job if they want to, but really family is the most important thing and that is one of the biggest commandments; to multiply and replenish the earth by having and raising a family.  That is something I have always wanted and I definitely won't throw that away simply because I feel inferior to men.

No comments:

Post a Comment