Thursday, November 14, 2013

The discussion this week was all about family crisis!  Even though we will all experience trials and crises in this life, it is more about how we choose to deal with them than the actual trial that we are struggling with.  I am currently Miss Payson 2013 for my hometown and because I hold that title I have the opportunity to compete at Miss Utah this summer.  This may seem like a super random tidbit, but as Miss Payson I had to choose something I wanted to promote throughout my community; something that mattered to me that I wanted to bring other people's attention to.  I chose something different than what has been done before, but it relates to our discussion this week.  My platform is called, "The Choice is Yours".  When I share my platform with others I focus on three main points.  First, the choices you make don't just affect you.  Second, happiness is a choice, not a consequence.  Third, the choice is yours to reach your full potential.  Mostly the discussion this week correlated with my first two points.  When talking about crisis and the way a family deals with it will forever affect everyone in the family.  If the parents choose to handle it one way the children may be affected by that.  With regards to the second point, I know life is hard, but when people insist on basing their happiness on the things that happen in their life, they won't ever be able to find true happiness.  If you think, oh I will be happy when I get married, well here is a wake up call... no one single event in your life can bring you happiness that will last forever.  On the contrary side, no event in your life should be so devastating that you should never be able to find happiness again.  The reason I chose the platform I did was because my biggest trials in my life came because I was being affected by the choices of my family members.  Each trial we went through we have dealt with in a different way.  Some were dealt with better than others.  I think we are starting to realize though that the best way to deal with a crisis when it comes is together as a family with the Lord as our focus.  No matter what happens when a trial comes I hope you realize you don't ever have to do it alone.  There will always be people who are willing to help and love you enough to help you!  Don't push that help away when hard times come.

No comments:

Post a Comment