Friday, November 29, 2013

This week we focused on fatherhood and finances.  Even though each household is different, it is apparent that an involved father in the home contributes to the well being of the children.  After this week I have really thought about my own father in my home and how it would have been different had I not had a father figure in my house.  My mom has always been a stay at home mom while my dad has always been the breadwinner.  If I didn't have a father in the home my mom would have had to provide for the family which would have changed everything!  I also have five brothers who may not be quite the same if there wasn't a father in the home to teach them what being a man is about, how to work hard, and how to treat women.  I would even be different if my dad hadn't showed me how a woman should be treated in a relationship.  I may have dated different people and not have the same high standards I do today.  Along with the roles of a father and mother we discussed finances and so I had to look into that a little bit as well with  my own family.  Since my Dad earns the money doesn't it seem fair that my mom should decide what they spend it on?  Well my parents are a little smarter than that; both of them decide what the money should be spent on, how much, and what kinds of credit cards and things are appropriate for our family.  My parents, especially my dad, have taught me that there isn't really an Alpha in the family, but mom and dad run the household together.  They may have different things they do better than the other and so they take charge in that area but everything they do is decided on together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment